by Kelley Noonan
Just yesterday we were packing down a stand at a Trade Show and when loading up our trucks we were shocked at the sheer amount of display items and products that were being thrown in the skip at the end of the Event. Surely, there is nothing wrong with a display cabinet that has only been used for 3 days! Maybe it’s time to be a little more resourceful and green in our design. Your clients will love it when you save them some money. Here’s our top tips for going green:
- Reuse what you can – chat with your display builder about future options, and creatively updated your display items. Change the colour, update graphics, reconfigure your layout
- Re-purpose – when designing we try to work with our clients to plan how they can re-purpose the items for the future, do you have a retail store that the display could be used in? Would they suit your head office foyer?
- Customise a Hire option – your display builder will have some great ideas as to how you can achieve a custom-look without the price or waste. Add your own graphics, floor colour, furniture and AV options to a customise a hire space
- Reduce weight – choose light weight materials to reduce your freight costs. Especially if you plan to travel the display around the Country
- Choose low energy LED’s for your display lighting options
- Give it a new life – where we can we re-purpose EVERYTHING! Our local community groups have benefitted from ex-shopfitting, and exhibition items. Speak to your display builder about finding a home for your un-wanted items.. don’t let them go to the skip if someone else can benefit from them
- Think outside the square – what about fitting out a shipping container for your next activation? Use it over and over, reduce set up, transport and storage costs?
- Refrain from printing masses of marketing material to hand out – creatively collect customer details, and send them emails, or have your information displayed digitally in touch screen kiosks or QR codes